Membership in the Birmingham Canoe Club runs January 1st - December 31st of each year. So, it is time to renew for 2015! Membership in the BCC costs just $20. And, the benefits include:
- Access to club trips and training (the club has more than 12 ACA certified instructors)
- Monthly meetings at the Homewood Library
- Social events and outings such as the recent film festival and upcoming Christmas party!
- Access to the BCC website with event and trip updates
In addition this year we are also asking for you to consider joining the ACA – the governing body for all paddlesports! The ACA is the organization that:
- Provides insurance for our events, racing and instruction.
- Creates and maintains the instructor certification program.
- Promotes paddlesports nationwide and supports the national championship racing events
- Recently started a State Director program where a portion of your membership dollars come back to the state of Alabama to help with our events and local river stewardship.
- In addition with an ACA membership you will not have to pay the $5 event fee at races and other local paddling events.
To Join the ACA please go to www . americancanoe . org/join. Select the PAC (Paddle America Club, for a reduced membership rate) and then select Birmingham Canoe Club. The ACA will give back to the state $10 for each new membership it receives between now and the end of January.
Select the PAC Individuals and Families membership type first. Then one of the following memberships:
Paddle America Club (PAC) Individual membership - $30
Senior (age 63+)/Student (under age 23) - $25 (If you join online, you must provide your birthdate in order to receive this discounted rate)
Paddle America Club (PAC) Family membership (2 adults + children under age 18) - $40
ACA members receive a free subscription to one of Rapid Media’s 4 magazines (Canoeroots, Adventure Kayak, Rapid, or Kayak Fishing) with their membership. Members also receive a discount on additional Rapid Media subscriptions.